Use of the site shall be in accordance with the following conditions of contract:
- The site shall be used exclusively for the licensed purpose.
- There shall be absolutely no alteration, tampering, or removal of cannons or any artifacts, material or other property belonging to the Trust and on display on the sites without the prior written approval of the Trust.
- There shall be no affixing of signs, banners or any other thing to the structure of any building on the licensed site without the permission of the JNHT.
- There shall be no erection or installation of any permanent or immovable structures or fixtures on the property.
- All equipment, temporary structures, installations, rubbish, and debris associated with the use of the site shall be removed by the Licensee within the period of use, and the Licensee shall be responsible for any costs associated with this exercise. Failure to comply with this provision will result in a surcharge to the licensee equal to 25% of the license fee plus $2,000.00 for each additional hour or part thereof past the license period. If after a time agreed to between the licensor (that is an extension of the period as stated in item 6 of the Application Form) and the licensee for the cleaning of the property has elapsed, and the property is still not cleaned, then the licensor will undertake to clean the site and the licensee shall be responsible for any costs associated with this exercise in addition to the above-mentioned surcharges.
- Any damage done to the site or its fixtures during the period shall be repaired or replaced at the expense of the Licensee within an agreed time. Failure to comply with this provision will result in the licensee being charged a sum equal to 25% of the license fee or the appraised value, as determined by an agent appointed by the JNHT, whichever is greater.
- The Licensee shall ensure that publicity arising from the use of the site shall at all times maintain and protect the good name of the site, the Trust, and Jamaica. Shall there be any act that brings the good name/image of the site or the Trust into public disrepute, then a charge, as determined by an agent appointed by the JNHT, equivalent to the cost of mounting a campaign to repair or restore the image will be levied against the licensee.
- Any historical data relating to the site which will or may be used in promoting this event shall be with the prior approval of the Trust to ensure the accuracy and authenticity of the information.
- There shall be no use of ‘open’ fire or ‘naked’ flame, such as a bonfire, coal fires, torches etc., on the site, however, in the event that the Licensee may require such use for a particular activity prior written approval of the Trust must be sought.
- The Trust reserves the right to have at least two members of staff on the site at all times during the period of use and the Licensee shall grant them access to the site and recognize them as the representatives of the Trust on location.
- The Trust accepts no liability in respect of any loss or damage to any item or property of the Licensee or any person on the site during the period of use.
- The Licensee shall be responsible for all loss or damage to the site and/or its fixtures or contents, and for any injury to persons or animals caused by or in consequence of any act or omission on the part of the Licensee, its agents or servants, invitees or other persons associated with the use of the site, and the Licensee shall keep the Trust indemnified in respect of any such loss, damage, or injury.
- Where the license is granted for filming and/or photography (for distribution), the Licensee shall provide the Trust with two (2) copies of the completed film or photograph(s) within two (2) weeks of publication*.
*Publication shall mean the issue of copies of the film or photograph to the public (whether by way of sale or otherwise) including, where the work is a literary, musical, dramatic or artistic work, the making available of copies to the public by means of an electronic retrieval system; and all related expressions shall be construed accordingly.